GR221 Valldemosa - Deià
The hiking between Valldemosa and Deià is part of the GR221 Dry Stone Route,a famous route that runs from Port d'Andratx, in the SW of Mallorca, to Pollença in the NW, following ancient cobbled paths through the Tramuntana mountain range.
Activity Level 5h + breaks
Considered one of the most outstanding walks on the island, this route is one of the favourite stages of the GR221 Dry Stone Route
We will come across some rebuilt "Forns de calç" and "Sitges de carboner", two old forest activities that used to provide coal and limestone to the neighbours.
This medium difficulty walk is separated in two clear parts. We will depart from Valldemossa following a steep climb out to join "Es Camí de s'Arxiduc", an old cobbled path built by the Austrian Archduke Ludwig Salvator in the XIX. Later, we will descent through beautiful holm oak woods. The final destination is Deià, a quaint village in the Tramuntana mountain range.
Lineal route. 11,18km
- All necessary equipment for the activity.
- Licensed guides.
- Wonderful Photos
- VAT and insurances.
- Food and drinks
- Book our picnic from 7€ per person
- Bus ticket or taxi fare to the meeting point
Good physical shape, used to trekking and hiking activities.Not suffer from vertigo.
- Sportswear and sportive shoes suitable to walk on stony ground (preferably mountain boots)
- Backpack (more than 25l)
- Sun protection: sun lotion, sunglasses, hat
- Water (at least 1,5l) and lunch pack